Search this blog and those of some of my friends in recovery.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Quitting Smoking and Buckwheat Zydeco

I totally forgot to write about the concert last night.

Well. Alot of things surfaced at once so I didn't really get to pay a lot of attention. As much as I had looked forward to it, it wasn't my top priority. I did find myself tapping my toe a few times. It was a great performance. Second Harvest's concerts will begin again next year. Looking forward to it.

The meeting was very small today. Four people showed (probably due to the weather). It was only about 15 minutes long, but I did enjoy it and walked away with something. We talked about working our hardest throughout the day and being satisfied with the results. This translates well to AA. When we work our programs and never waver, the results are nothing short of miraculous. I'm enthusiastic and excited at the progress that I've made so far... and not by myself. Still more progress to come, though, and sometimes it wont be easy.

Quit smoking today. Going to try my best to stick to it. Not just for my own health, but because I made a promise to someone. I plan to start making good on all those promises. I wont stink anymore either. I will be hug accessible 24/7. ;) This is harder than the last time I quit (for a little while). Sticking to it though. I haven't caved yet. Work tonight will be the real test. I know the craving subsides after a while.

Altoids and Trident are about to see a significant bump in sales.....

Will write more tonight, but it will probably post pretty late.

No comments:

Post a Comment