Search this blog and those of some of my friends in recovery.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Work and Sober Spending

Not much to write about really. Just went to work from CC's and got back a few minutes ago.

Work went well. I find I'm more patient with people in general. It makes alot of difference when you step back from your ego and see things from inside their shoes.

I have to say that I am humbled, too, from all the support that my co-workers have given me. They're awesome people and I am very thankful for them. One lady said she was bringing me Thanksgiving dinner Thursday. I'll be volunteering at the mission and going to the Round Table group that day, but I might be able to stop by and say hello.

Here's the thought for the day...

I no longer waste money, but try to put it to good use. Like all of us, when I was drunk, I threw money around like I really had it. It gave me a feeling of importance - a millionaire for a day. But the morning after, with an empty wallet and perhaps also some undecipherable checks, was a sad awakening. How could I have been such a fool? How will I ever make it up? Thoughts like these get you down. When we are sober, we spend our hard-earned money as it should be spent. Although perhaps some of us could be more generous in our A.A. giving, at least we do not throw it away. Am I making good use of my money?

I have been making much better use of my money. I've been paying off old credit debts. Trying to fix my credit actually (I owe a young lady a house...LOL). Been keeping up with the few bills I have, and eating as well as possible. I try to save anything that's left. Things are looking good for getting a new job too. I've had a couple of bites, but may not get a real interview until after Thanksgiving.

Well. That's it for now. I have 3 days off that I'm going to put to good use.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment