Search this blog and those of some of my friends in recovery.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Have a Happy But Safe New Year's Eve!

Meditation for the Day

As we look back over the year just gone, it has been a good year to the extent that we have put good thoughts, good words, and good deeds into it. None of what we have thought, said, or done need be wasted. Both the good and the bad experiences can be profited by. In a sense, the past is not entirely gone. The result of it, for good or evil, is with us at the present moment. We can only learn by experience and none of our experience is completely wasted. We can humbly thank God for the good things of the year that has gone.

One of the things I am most grateful for from 2011 is that it was the year I found sobriety, recovery, and God. I plan to use this gift for the continuing betterment of myself and for those I love. After all... What good is a true gift if you can't use it to make others happy too?

It was a turbulent year, and there are many things from it that I'm not proud of. There were some very good times as well. My goal is to take what I've learned, and become, into 2012 and make it the best, happiest year possible.

I'll write again tonight, but it will probably be a very late post. As a matter of fact, it'll be the first post of a new year.

For those who drink during the festivities... Have fun, but be responsible. Think not only of your own safety, but that of others.

1 comment: