Search this blog and those of some of my friends in recovery.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Little Lightheartedness Goes a Long Way Pt. 2

Kinda feelin' the tone of the blog getting a bit heavy, which is by no means a bad thing... If I'm working my program right, it's gonna get heavy sometimes.

I thought tonight I would put up some fun, positive stuff. I've done it here once before... a good while back. Before that, though, I'd like to talk briefly about my homegroup meeting. Tonight's was heavy. It was, without doubt, the saddest meeting I've been to. Given the nature of it, I've chosen to post about it next time instead of now. I'll say this, however. Don't ever waste a moment God has given you to show the special people in your life how much you love them.

Ok... Here goes. Just a few videos and stuff.

Louis Armstrong... The Great Satchmo...
Here he is live singing one my favorite songs.

Clint Black sings Monty Python's "Galaxy Song".
Reminds me of just how small we are in this universe.

"Prayer is not an old woman's idle amusement. Properly understood and applied, it is the most potent instrument of action."
-Mahatma Ghandi

Talk about a musical dream team...
and right here in our Superdome in 2006!
U2 and Green Day

Sanskrit Proverb by Kalidasa

Look to this day,
For it is life,
The very life of life.
In its brief course lie all
The realities and verities of existence,
The bliss of growth,
The splendor of action,
The glory of power.

For yesterday is but a dream,
And tomorrow is only a vision,
But today, well lived,
Makes every yesterday a dream of happiness
And every tomorrow a vision of hope

Look well, therefore, to this day.

This last one is for someone special. When life is getting a bit heavy,
watch this... May even cheer ya up a bit. ;)

Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment