Search this blog and those of some of my friends in recovery.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Killing Time

Got a couple of hours before my meeting, so I came down to CC's. Bought a coffee and am listening to Cake on Spotify. Tonight is our 12 and 12 book study. 12 steps, 12 traditions. Haven't been to it in a while because of work.

Ah.... Now I'm listening to The Cure's cover of Purple Haze. Got my songs all jumbled up.

I did get to thinking when I was walking by The Rendezvous bar. Saw a sign outside that had drink specials on it. It's just something that I don't want anymore. I have absolutely no desire to go back to that way of life. It's sad and useless. Don't get me wrong, Bars and clubs don't bother me. I can go in and drink diet cokes all night. Whether it's watching a game, seeing a band, or even dancing... That's not true for all alcoholics, not something I'd do without Sarah, and I haven't even done any of that stuff lately anyway.

Jay's problems with alcohol came from Jay. Not his location. My sponsor does advise to always have an out, however. Advice I shall heed to the letter when those occasions arise. It's something to take into account for the future. Right now, though, I'm concentrating on today.

Let's see... Work went well. Still coughing from when I was sick the other day. Nothing else much of interest to write about this second.

I may write more after my meeting.


No comments:

Post a Comment