Search this blog and those of some of my friends in recovery.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Approachability and Folks I Don't Know

Not an eventful night at work. Not much to write about.

I can say that there is a notable difference in how I interact with people. I've been seeing it more and more lately. I don't know if this stems from the fact that Jay is alot happier with Jay or maybe that I've knocked down alot of walls... or both. People seem to find me more approachable now, and I like that. Just tonight, I found myself having conversations and even connecting with folks I don't even know. Except the Hitler fan. He came in tonight and I had to hide in the back. If anyone ever asks you if you are interested in WWII, my advice is to say "No".

Dropped a couple of things in the "Toys for Tots" box. I don't say that to be boastful... I say it because it was money that was MUCH more well spent than on a bottle of vodka.

Here's something I saw a little earlier. Liked it so I'm posting it. Goodnight, world!

Faith is the seamstress
who mends our torn belief
who sews the hem of childhood trust
and clips the threads of grief.
—Joan Walsh Anglund


1 comment:

  1. Good heads up if I should ever meet a WWII enthusiast, and good idea on the alternative to alcohol funds. As a part of your world, I say good night too. :)

    ReplyDelete