Search this blog and those of some of my friends in recovery.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gospel Music and James Carville

Went to the Second Harvest concert tonight. Didn't know the last one is actually next week. Gonna be a lot of zydeco there. Can't wait for that. Tonight's group was excellent. The Blind Boys of Alabama performed. Awesome gospel music. I had a good time, but it was bittersweet. I found myself missing one thing. That's all I'll say about that. Had a blackened catfish po-boy from the Oceana tent. That's the restaurant where we ate while they were filming Kitchen Nightmares. Shoulda known better than that. The catfish had the consistency of scrambled eggs. Still.... The money went to the Second Harvest food charity, so I wont complain further.

On the way back I found myself kind of down. Thinking a bit about the past, the present, and visualizing a future I want more than anything. We live for today, but we can have hope for tomorrow. Anyway. Just when I found myself in need of cheering up, who do I practically bump into? None other than James Carville and family. He was really nice. Looks just like he does on TV. Kind of reptilian, but with a big heart.

As you can see,
he was really excited to meet me...

That brightened my day up a bit. I'm back at the place now. Will spend my remaining evening time researching jobs and credit. G'night, all

No comments:

Post a Comment