Search this blog and those of some of my friends in recovery.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hope and Faith

The A.A. program is one of faith, hope, and charity. It's a program of hope because when new members come into A.A., the first thing they get is hope. They hear older members tell how they had been through the same kind of hell that they have and how they found the way out through A.A. And this gives them hope that if others can do it, they can do it. Is hope still strong in me?


My hope wavers sometimes. That's when I have to step back and remember to live in the now. It can be a little overwhelming at moments trying to rebuild and redesign a life....


Sometimes things seem to be moving too slowly, or not at all. That's where patience and hard work come into practice.


What reinforces my hope and faith? Seeing how much better things work out and how much easier life is when I keep an even keel and avoid the choppy waters the best I can. Also, like the thought says, seeing firsthand how well other folks are doing by sticking with their programs, following their Higher Power, and living their lives differently.


Sure. It sounds like a lot of work... and it is. But I've found that after time, these things become second nature.


Got a couple of days off that I want to make very productive and I have to be up early, so I'm going to turn in.


Have a good night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment