Search this blog and those of some of my friends in recovery.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Made my round of Easter calls today. Dad and Teresa are doing fine and enjoyed a nice, quiet holiday. Couldn't get through to my Bro. Uncle Ronnie is still at the total care facility getting physical therapy. He had some visitors and ate some ham and dressing. My mom was watching TV.....

My mom... What could have been a pleasant "Happy Easter" call turned into a series of personal questions, complaints, repeating the same, identical personal questions 10 minutes later, and my favorite... "Are you going to take care of me when I get old?".

It would be very easy to say that I would take as much care of her as she did of me when I was young. Instead, I stood silently for a moment and told her that I would make sure she was taken of. After all, no one else is going to do it. It probably means a nursing home near wherever I live. To illustrate how dramatic she can be, though, she isn't even 60 yet.

I had to get off the phone. She isn't trying to be malicious. She's just a very scared, selfish woman. Here's her story in case you are curious... The Lost Mother

Other than that experience, it was a very nice day. Got to talk to my fam and have some quality Easter time with someone special.

Well. Time for bed. I hope you all had a wonderful, peaceful time today! Goodnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment