Search this blog and those of some of my friends in recovery.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

On To Step... 1?

Just got back from meeting with my sponsor and I am excited to say that I have finished my steps. Thing is, you never really finish them. These steps are practiced every day of my life. The most successful people in recovery usually go back and do them over and over again. When they decide to sponsor, they get to go through them with a sponsee. You'll find that you learn something new every time you do them, and it's great re-enforcement for sobriety. That's why I'll be doing them again in the not-too-distant future.

We had a really good meeting. It was cold, blustery, and wet outside the coffee shop, but well worth it. We talked for a little while then went over 11 and 12.

Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with
God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us
and the power to carry that out.

and...

Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to
carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our
affairs.

Speaking of coffee shops, I'm sad to say that the Rue de la Course on Magazine St. has closed its doors. I've spent many hours there writing posts for this very blog. I've spent time with more than one sponsor there. And it was a great place to grab a coffee, sit at an outside table, and hang with friends. People watching at the Rue was interesting to say the least.

Well. I'm going to eat my sub and watch Storage Wars. It's been a great day. Goodnight and God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations on completing the 12 steps - what marvellous work you've done... it is absolutely fantastic!

    What an excellent idea - to have a sit at a café and to blog right there and then! I have no clue why that idea had never occured to me hahaa You have given me this idea, I thank you for that.

    I have this mini-laptop which is so easy to carry around, and why rush home to blog when one can stop by any cosy coffee shop to have a relaxing moment, being among people, studying the buzz... But my mini-laptop is STILL at Service being repaired. As soon as I get it back I'll give this a shot :)

    Take care, Jay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!Yeah... I find it quite relaxing to sit, have a coffee, and do work on the computer. I'd write in the blog then listen to music while web surfing.

      Delete