Search this blog and those of some of my friends in recovery.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Not the Same Jay

I believe that life is a school in which I must learn spiritual things. I must trust in God and He will teach me. I must listen to God and He will speak through my mind. I must commune with Him in spite of all opposition and every obstacle. There will be days when I will hear no voice in my mind and when there will come no intimate heart to heart communion. But if I persist, and make a life habit of schooling myself in spiritual things, God will reveal Himself to me in many ways.

That's our meditation for today. I love it. Even in the worst times of my life, I've always considered the world my church and the people in it my fellowship. I lost that ideal in my drinking career. I developed a serious disdain for people in general. The wonder disappeared. I was too concerned with keeping myself numb and protected from all outside influences. That's why I'm alone today.

Happily, though, in my recovery I've re-established so many relationships. They are very cautious people, and they should be. The fact that they are coming back around at all means everything. I'm showing the folks that I love just how important they are to me. :)

Making that new connection with God has made me so much better as well. I now see the real important things in my life.

2 comments:

  1. That's so fantastic you're reconnecting with people from the past. Good on you. How lovely it must be to start showing them the version of yourself that is to be respected and trusted and relied on. Really enjoy reading your blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't meditation so amazing, when I'm feeling irritable it seems to give me the time to become grounded again. God just does that for me.

    ReplyDelete