Search this blog and those of some of my friends in recovery.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Androids and People In General

Uhhggggg.... Sinuses are going nuts. May be infected.

My boss sent me home with his Toshiba Android tablet. He couldn't get MP4's to play. I downloaded a media player that I believe is compatible and seems to work so far. I just hate being responsible for that device... Good test of responsibility, though. It's like the high school project where the students have to take care of an egg for a month. LOL... Seriously, it's cool that he trusted me with it.

I will practice love, because lack of love will block the way. I will try to see good in all people, those I like and also those who fret me and go against the grain. They are all children of God. I will try to give love; otherwise, how can I dwell in God's spirit whence nothing unloving can come? I will try to get along with all people, because the more love I give away, the more I will have.

That's the meditation for today. There was a time in my life when I was proud to proclaim my disdain for people in general. Once I opened up, though, and actually engaged people in conversation and fellowship, my self-esteem and serenity hit a new high. Folks respond so much more positively when you smile and say, "Hello", than when you grimace and keep on walking. It makes their day better too.

I pray every night to be put in a position where I can be of service. Sometimes a "How ya doin'?" is all it takes.

Anywho... I'm feelin' kinda cruddy, so I'm about to call it a night. Thank God I close tomorrow. I can sleep in and recuperate a bit.

Have a wonderful night, world...

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment