Search this blog and those of some of my friends in recovery.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Thought for the Day 1-20-12

Closing again tonight, so it will be another very late evening post. I'm actually about to head out early and grab some lunch.

I really liked the Thought for the Day in the 24 Hours book... Wanted to share before I take off.

In A.A. we're all through with lying, hangovers, remorse, and wasting money. When we were drinking, we were only half alive. Now that we're trying to live decent, honest, unselfish lives, we're really alive. Life has a new meaning for us, so that we can really enjoy it. We feel that we're some use in the world. We're on the right side of the fence, instead of on the wrong side. We can look the world in the face instead of hiding in alleys. We come into A.A. to get sober and if we stay long enough, we learn a new way of living. Am I convinced that no matter how much fun I got out of drinking, that life never was as good as the life I can build in A.A.?

I remember only too well what it was like to hide. I thank God that I'm able to walk down the street now and look people in the eye.

Have a great rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment