Search this blog and those of some of my friends in recovery.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Naps and Amends

Did some work around the place, then took a long nap. I was pretty tired after that trip last night. I feel alot better now. Slept through most of the Saints/ 49ers game though! Man, this is a tight one. They're a strong second-half team, so I have faith. WhoDat!?

It was a gorgeous day here in New Orleans. One that I took full advantage of by walking down to Popeye's for some chicken strips. Normally I'd be all over town in weather like that, but I just didn't have it in me today....

Not much else to write about. Still considering hitting The Columns tonight if anything is going on. Need to call my sponsor in a minute. I made some very important amends over the week. I came to a solid realization that my hesitation or nervousness about doing that is a pretty selfish behavior. I'd been procrastinating because I felt awkward. The folks I'm making amends to are only too happy forgive and put things behind us. Well... so far. I still have a few folks left. Plus, the amends aren't for me. I suppose they kind of are because the spiritual benefits and the relationships they help heal are priceless. I've been taught, however, that amends are for the other person. And I can see why. We alcoholics have a talent for putting those closest to us... I dare say the ones we love most and that love us... through hell.

Well. I'm going to check out the rest of this game. Once again I'd like to tell all my family back home how much I love them and appreciate their having me out! It was such a wonderful week.

Until next I post... Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment