Search this blog and those of some of my friends in recovery.

Friday, March 16, 2012

St. Patrick's and Serenity

Man what a long day! And tomorrow is going to be an insane asylum. St. Patrick's Day in New Orleans.... I work right on the parade route too. As I was telling someone earlier, I'll be bringing my Serenity Prayer with me. ;) It'll be stressful, but it will go by quick.

I must have a singleness of purpose to do my part in God's work. I must not let material distractions interfere with my job of improving personal relation ships. It is easy to become distracted by material affairs, so that I lose my singleness of purpose. I do not have time to be concerned about the multifarious concerns of the world. I must concentrate and specialize on what I can do best.

I love the meditation for the day. There was a time when I used material and trivial things as an escape. Those things seriously got in the way of my growth and my relationships. These days if I see something in my life that's holding me back or that I may be getting unhealthily pre-occupied with, I make a conscious effort to either cut back on it or cut it out completely. Facebook is a good example.

Anyways... I have to get some rest. I can feel my eyes getting heavy as I'm writing this.

Have a great night and a blessed tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment