Search this blog and those of some of my friends in recovery.

Monday, March 5, 2012

All Things New, Pt. 2 (Cornerstone Sermon Podcast 03-04-12)

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

This is by no means an escape from accountability from our own actions. I'd like to make that perfectly clear. This sermon deals with hitting rock bottom, the judgement that comes with it, and God's grace.

Sure. I've done some really bad things in my life. Made some idiotic decisions. Does that make me evil? No. It means that I have to learn from my mistakes, make amends, and do better... or I repeat the same things over again.

At this point in my recovery, I still have a lot of people casting stones. Can't blame some of them. I do, however, know who my true friends are. The people who truly love me. I've seen it and felt it. You know who you are, and I am eternally grateful.

The subject matter is slightly different, but that is what I got from the message. In addiction, you are always cheating on somebody. Most of all, your Higher Power and yourself.

Here's a link to the Cornerstone sermon...


Goodnight and God Bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment